OUR TRANSPARENT BILLING PROMISE
The following notice has been posted in accordance with Texas SB No. 425 and HB 3276 and is hereby effective September 1, 2017
- This facility is a freestanding emergency medical care facility;
- This facility charges rates comparable to a hospital emergency room and may charge a facility fee;
- This facility or a physician providing medical care at this facility may not be a participating provider in patient’s health benefit network;
- The physician providing medical care at this facility may bill separately from the facility for the medical care provided to a patient.
- We are happy to inform all patients that STAR ER is in-network with United Healthcare, all Blue Cross Blue Shield TX plans (including all self-funded plans) as well as Prime Health Services and all IMS/Omni Healthcare plans.
- Currently, we are not in-network with any other insurance companies.
Emergency services at STAR ER are covered the same as any in-network provider per Texas insurance law 1301.155.
STAR ER will work on your behalf to file insurance appeals for improperly processed claims. Emergency services claims processed as out-of-network by insurance companies are incorrect.
We can work on your behalf immediately after you discover an insurance processing error. Contact us to begin the appeals process.
Billed at emergency center rates; not urgent care rates. Prices are comparable to hospital ER care.
For more resources visit the Texas Association of Freestanding Emergency Centers.